Thanks to the generosity of our advertisers, the digital edition of our new issue is FREE for everyone to enjoy and learn from.
This month’s issue features an impressive array of coverage, including:
• Our cover story on the production of streaming content such as For All Mankind (Apple TV Plus; shot by Ross Berryman, ASC, ACS and Stephen McNutt, ASC, CSC) and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Studios; M. David Mullen, ASC), Dummy (Quibi; Catherine Goldschmidt) and The Fugitive (Quibi; Peter Levy, ASC, ACS), as well as work by Timur Civan, an L.A.-based cinematographer who shoots content for such luxury clients as Dior, Tom Ford, Louis Vuitton and Tiffany & Co.
• John Conroy, ISC discusses the “anti-noir” Showtime spinoff series Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.
• Richard Crudo, ASC interviews Adriano Goldman, ASC, ABC, BSC about his work on the acclaimed Netflix period drama The Crown.
• In the retrospective “’70s Cinema in AC,” we continue our decade-by-decade review of American Cinematographer’s 100 years of coverage, focusing on one of cinema history’s most celebrated eras, featuring Owen Roizman, ASC (The Exorcist); Haskell Wexler, ASC (Medium Cool); Bill Butler, ASC (Jaws) and Conrad L. Hall, ASC (Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid).
This June issue also includes an ASC Close-Up profile on Markus Förderer, ASC, BVK; a Shotcraft piece on handling unemployment; a feature on the music video “Adventure” (shot by ASC Student Heritage Award winner Emmett Sutherland) and much more.
If you enjoy this digital edition of AC, consider subscribing for just $9.99 A YEAR. Yes, all 12 issues, available instantly, and downloadable as high-resolution PDFs to keep in your permanent library.
Again, many thanks to our advertisers below for making this issue available to all.
Be sure to visit them and also feel free to share this link or the QR code above.
- Abel Cine Tech
- ASC Leica Camera
- ASC Master Class
- ASC Photo Gallery
- Astera Gmbh
- Blackmagic Design
- Carl Zeiss
- Cavision Enterprises
- CMB Film Services, Inc.
- Cooke Optics
- Eastman Kodak
- Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Gmbh
- Formatt KT America Inc./Tokina
- Hollywood PL
- J.L Fisher
- National Geographic
- Pille Filmgeraeteverleih Gmbh
- Quasar Science, LLC
- Really Right Stuff
- Teradek, LLC
- Thales Angénieux